Your Hosts - Ron Fleming (outfitter) & Brenda Nelson
We are passionate about our quality hunting and fishing trips, and look forward to having you with us. We have been operating on the headwaters of the Finlay River for over 45 years.
We invite you to treat yourself to the best and come let us show you the wonders of northern British Columbia.
Read on to learn more about our operation.
We have guided hunters from around the world – they all come as clients and leave as friends.
References are available upon request.
- We promise to...
- Answer every question you may have – the more prepared you are the better the trip will be.
- Provide a quality hunt at the best time we have available to hunt a species or combo.
- Provide quality equipment in good running operation.
- Provide dry warm sleeping accommodations, hot showers and excellent home-cooked meals.
- Provide caping, salting and field prep of your trophies.
- Provide a professional guide service by knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Remember to...
- Be ethical and responsible and willing to make the effort to “go the distance”.
- Be comfortable and accurate with the rifle of your choice and shoot only when told to . Always LOOK at your guide and be sure you understand ‘yes shoot’ or 'NO don’t shoot'.
- Not try to shoot a moving animal unless you absolutely have to.
- Make sure your rifle is sighted in for 1’’ high at 100 yds. and plan to take a couple shots to check it when you get to camp.
- Practice shooting from bi-pod or a rest and be able to confidently shoot offhand and from all stances.
- Always practice SAFETY. Never carry a round in your chamber and only put a round in when your guide asks you to do so.
- Always be aware of where your barrel is pointed.
- Take care when entering and exiting the boats. Be honest about your experience with this potential hazard.
- Communicate frequently with us to plan the trip and constantly with your guide to make it all happen in the field.
- Be prepared to be flexible in action. Our weather can and does change quickly. It can change our plans for a day’s hunt and is a huge factor in the movement of animals. As has been said “Hunting and life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it.” We will do our best to give you a great hunting experience.